[Koha-devel] Greetings Koha-devel

pete huerter pete.huerter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 19:59:24 CET 2011

Hi Koha-devel group,

I am a volunteer with the Archives and Collections Society
http://aandc.org/in Picton, ON, Canada.  I work with Paul (who also
posts to Koha-discuss,
and will likely post here soon.)  I have been helping with all technical
aspects of setting up Koha for this non-profit charitable library.  For our
data migration we are mapping from OpenOffice spreadsheet to MARC21 format
using MarcEdit.  We also use some custom perl scripts.  Our server is Ubuntu
Linux.  So we are mostly using free software (except for running MarcEdit on
Windows, which we will be changing to Linux shortly).

I am a software developer.  My background is in compilers and high
performance parallel debugging, so all of this is totally new to me.  I am
having a great time learning and am totally impressed with Koha.  This is a
really useful tool and we feel lucky to have it covered by the GPL.

Thanks for all of your hard work, and thanks for all of your help over on
Koha-discuss.  I know that some of my more technical questions are better
placed here.  However the Nabble interface led me to believe this list was
not active any longer.

Cheers,
Pete.