[Koha-devel] KohaCon11 hackfest: discussion

JAMES Mason mason at kohaaloha.com
Tue Mar 22 21:29:13 CET 2011

On 2011-03-23, at 12:27 AM, MJ Ray wrote:

> Paul Poulain wrote:
>> I proposed during the first IRC meeting to split the hackfest in 2
>> sub-parts, each of them dealing with one goal:
>> * Hackfest part 1 = "become a Koha developper"
>> * Hackfest part 2 = "do some hacking".
>> We could say part1 is about theory, and part2 is about practising what
>> we've learned on part1 ;-) (and of course, ppl coming for part1
>> would/should/could stay for part2 !)
>
> I think splitting it would be helpful, especially if the two parts
> could take place in parallel somehow.

yeah, in parallel is a great idea, i think, and easily arranged once we get there...

so already experienced developers can skip the 'basic' class, and start working on what looks tricky/important, etc

> As many of us are painfully aware, there are some Koha support
> companies which are not participating in these events at all.  How do
> we avoid handing them an advantage?

yeah, thats a bummer for everyone... :/

but hey!, think for the advantages you/me get for going to a KohaCon...

1 whole years worth of news, info, tips/tricks, work-leads, and genuine friendships with people in other parts of the world

cheers, Mason