[Koha-devel] KohaCon11 hackfest: discussion

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Tue Mar 29 13:56:02 CEST 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Le 28/03/2011 12:45, Koustubha Kale a écrit :
>> Here is what I suggest :
>> 1) We break for a day after the main conference on Thursday 3rd November.
>> 2) We start Hackfest in two separate nearby rooms one for teaching /
>> getting started sessions the other room for experienced developers to
>> hack together at peace. The experienced developers take breaks turn by
>> turn to deliver sessions / guidance in the first room. This goes on
>> for two days Friday 4th November and Saturday 5th November.
>> Experienced developers who can not be physically present but would
>> still like to participate in the hackfest, we will try to accommodate
>> through video conferencing. Frankly I don't know how thats gonna work
>> for hacking together, but atleast they can deliver some guidance /
>> tips to the newbies. End of day two of hackfest i.e. on Saturday 5th
>> November,  the developers who can not stay more can leave but they
>> would still have had two days of hacking together.
>> 3) Those developers who can stay more are free to continue hacking
>> again from Monday 7th November for as long as they want. I am sure we
>> will find a place for them to work for as long as it takes.
> Hi,
>> How does that sound?
> My fear is that most of the devs will flight back during the week-end
> if  3) is not announced/organised.
> We must propose something very clearly, not just say "stay as long as
> you want".
> That's also a must-have for ppl that have a boss and must argue that
> they must stay for one more week. For example, I think Katrin will have
> some difficulties to argue & convince her boss !
>
> --
> Paul POULAIN

I completely agree that we need a fixed schedule, but IMHO its for you
people i.e. Koha developers to propose how many days you need. I will
try and arrange for facilities.

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes
Naka, Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2