[Koha-devel] Error in biblio.pm

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Mar 30 00:27:25 CEST 2011

At 10:14 AM 3/30/2011 +1300, Chris Cormack wrote:
>On 30 March 2011 10:06, Paul <paul.a at aandc.org> wrote:
> > I would appreciate some assistance with biblionumber and biblioitemnumber,
> > given that we can no longer enter new biblios.
> >
> > Error code is : "Tag "" is not a valid tag. at
> > /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 2848"
> >
> > That line (under the head : "Internal function to add or update
> biblionumber
> > and biblioitemnumber to
> > the MARC XML" is the first of these four:
> >
> > Â  Â  Â  Â my $new_field = MARC::Field->new(
> > Â  Â  Â  Â $biblio_tag, '', '',
> > Â  Â  Â  Â "$biblio_subfield" Â  Â  => $biblionumber,
> > Â  Â  Â  Â "$biblioitem_subfield" => $biblioitemnumber
> >
> > What are the values that biblio.pm is expecting, and where exactly are they
> > input from GUI page
> >
> <http://koha-admin/cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/addbiblio.pl?biblionumber=0&z3950=1&frameworkcode=AB&breedingid=38301#>
> > ?
> >
> > It seems that the call is based upon biblionumber=0 [which is <10,
> therefore
> > creating the error according line 2847 : "# biblionumber & biblioitemnumber
> > are in the same field (can't be <10 as fields <10 have only 1 value)"] and
> > seeing as we are using a custom framework (cut down to what we need for
> > cataloguing staff purposes), I need to know what particular line I have set
> > to "ignore" that is creating the error. What "Tag" have I left out?
> >
> > Can't find anything in the docs on this "Internal function."
> >
> > Thanks for any pointers,
>
>Hi Paul
>
>Have you messed around with the 999 field and subfields? Specifically
>breaking their mappings or deleting them entirely?

Hi Chris - thanks for replying.

The only difference between the "default" mapping and our "abbreviated"
mapping is the deletion of two fields marked "obsolete" ( a Item type
[OBSOLETE] subfield ignored and b Koha Dewey Subclass [OBSOLETE] Tab:0, Not
repeatable, Not mandatory, hidden,).

The two other fields are identical in both mappings ( c Koha biblionumber
subfield ignored and d Koha biblioitemnumber subfield ignored ) with both
hidden "constraints" set to -5.  These do say "see online help", but I
haven't found it yet ;-{

Best - Paul