[Koha-devel] Hacker's corner, week 19

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon May 9 22:10:51 CEST 2011

On 10 May 2011 07:55, "Dobrica Pavlinusic" <dpavlin at rot13.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 06:43:11AM +1200, Chris Cormack wrote:
> > Actually for 3.6.x the workflow has changed slightly.
> >
> > http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Bug-enhancement-patch_Workflow
>
> Excuse me, but I don't quote understand how my batch of LDAP fixes
> (Koha bugs 4993, 4994 and 6022) will get into bug/enhancement?

You are doing the exact right thing bringing it up on the devel list.

> Would it help to merge all LDAP changes in single bug and submit that?

Linking them altogether with the depends feature would be good, can they be
tested independently?
If not noting that on the bug would be great.

> I have been using this code for years, and it seems that only few users
> use LDAP with auth_by_bind in Koha. I was recently contacted by one
> library which had problem with it, so there is interest other than my
> own library needs.

Excellent, the first step is finding someone to sign off. I have a client
who uses auth by bind, so I am willing to do the initial sign off on these.

I will attempt to do this today, if there is anything I need to know when
testing please let me know.

Finding the initial person to signoff can be tricky, but asking on the
mailing list and/or irc is a perfect way to do it.

Chris

dpavlin at rot13.org
http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin