[Koha-devel] FW: Code simplicity document

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed May 11 15:00:41 CEST 2011

> Graph analysis showed very clearly that every time we would freeze, the
> community would shrink drastically and it would take several months after we
> un-froze for the size of the community to recover

Sure, because fixing bugs is very unsexy.

It's great to get all the feature contributions before a feature
freeze, but I wish it was as easy to get people to fix bugs. It's a
shame, because while contributing features may be more fun for an
experienced developer, fixing a bug is probably the best way for a
newcomer to the community to get a foot in the door. The complexity of
bugs varies, but there are always a few which are minor enough to be
tackled by a newbie.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer