[Koha-devel] Release Manager 3.6

Brendan A. Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Wed May 11 19:49:17 CEST 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 10:01 AM, Chris Cormack wrote:

> Options as I see them
> 1/ Continue with the current workflow, patches signed off, passed qa,
> then into master, with the goal to increase the rate patches are
> signed off

We feel that the "well-defined" workflow has been missing before the start of 3.4 and would be very upset if this workflow was changed (untested patches--).  Maybe it's just taking everyone time to adjust to this workflow.  Honestly this has been much better and clearer for our organization to both track the process and for our organization to get our work into Koha.  The way that I look at it - it's the responsibility of the developer (in my case - the company) to get the QA/sign-off necessary and we also add that amount of work into our workflows and contracts.  Our job is not done until the code is tested and in - If that's the contract we sign (releasing it - is not enough in my opinion).

This option is very clear for both the developer and the QA/RM roles.  Yes it's more work for the developer - but it's a necessary for the stable project.  I'm glad that someone is sticking to the rules and not bending.

I/we vote for option #1.

-Brendan
ByWater Solutions