[Koha-devel] Release Manager 3.6

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Wed May 11 20:01:23 CEST 2011

All,

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz>wrote:

> With
> the huge amount of work put in by over 80 people, I think we managed
> to achieve some measure of success with that with 3.4.0 and that the
> stability of the 3.2.x releases is something we can all be proud of.

I certainly think so! Also, we've had releases *every month*!

Options as I see them
> 1/ Continue with the current workflow, patches signed off, passed qa,
> then into master, with the goal to increase the rate patches are
> signed off
> 2/ Refine the workflow to make signing off easier
> 3/ Redesign the workflow eliminating sign off (for a period, or all of
> the release)
> 4/ Step aside to let someone else have a go at RM

I think it would be very unfortunate to lose you as RM. Under your
leadership, 3.4 rocked, and 3.6 promises to be even better. I vote for
choice 1, unless someone has a concrete suggestion on how to refine the
workflow for choice 2 (though, I will say, to me personally the current
workflow seems to make a lot of sense), at which point I'd be interested in
listening.

Regards,
Jared Camins-Esakov

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Freelance bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/