[Koha-devel] Release Manager 3.6

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Thu May 12 16:18:04 CEST 2011

On 12/05/11 14:40, Owen Leonard wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Zeno Tajoli <tajoli at cilea.it> wrote:
>
>> Reading the Paul and Chris mails, I think we can give different level to
>> developers.
>> A-developers = you can auto-sign_off
>> B-developer:  a person of an other firm need to sign_off your patch
>
> This discussion started in part because people were talking about how
> to get more people involved in Koha development. Setting up a
> hierarchy like this doesn't sound like a good way to get more people
> involved.

And its not absolute. Someone might confidently signoff fixes in one
area but not have any confidence in signing off in another. Especially
for new contributors the most useful thing isn't a sign off or rejection
but the 'Great but have you considered the implications in x' kind of
feedback.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell