[Koha-devel] Release Manager 3.6

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu May 12 16:45:27 CEST 2011

On 13 May 2011 02:25, "Linda Culberson" <lculber at mdah.state.ms.us> wrote:

> As  a) a newbie myself,  b)  someone scared to death of the development
process but still wanting  to be involved, and c) one who wants a lot of
things developed that will benefit the Koha community as a whole but
specifically help Koha to work for archival institutions, I'm going to go
against what seems to be the position of my support company (ByWater
Solutions) and side with Paul on this one.  I'd be more willing to
contribute to if I were "in a special state that  ensures that what I'm
doing will be reviewed by someone experienced !"  The way Paul describes, I
think, makes everyone "special"  - which we all are - just in different
ways.  IMHO, it's not as much a  "hierarchy" (I'm better than you are and
therefore look down on you) situation, as a fact of life.  I don't know what
the compromise is, but I think there is bound to be one.

> Sorry, if I overstepped by  voicing my opinion, since I'm not sure I even
get a vote.
> Linda

Everyone gets a vote. And as Owen said you aren't actually siding against
ByWater (im not sure there even are sides), all new patches get oversight,
in fact ALL patches get oversight. Thats the current process.

What we are discussing, and there seems to be a good discussion on IRC about
how to make it easier for people to provide oversight.

I am very heartened the discussion is moving in that direction, because I
think that is where we win. Make the sign off easier, not remove the need
for sign off

Chris