[Koha-devel] Release Manager 3.6

Scott Kushner skushner at mtpl.org
Thu May 12 16:49:20 CEST 2011

Maybe I'm not getting it here, BUT..have we forgotten how long it takes PROPRIETARY VENDORS to develop and debug their code?

Maybe it's just me, but I'm amazed at how fast these releases are getting out there. (3.0, 3.2, 3.4...3.6...already?) It will be out soon, I'm sure. Also, and I know it's a hassle, but what's stopping you from writing your own code, integrating it into your instance of Koha, and using it while waiting for code to be tested and accepted into community? You're getting the benefits of your own written, or sponsored, code while having the peace of mind of getting the QA testing from the community.

Again, maybe it's me, but am I missing something here? Have we become that impatient and spoiled that we want our pellet now, and let the process be damned?

Scott Kushner
Information Systems Librarian
Middletown Public Library