[Koha-devel] Release Manager 3.6

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu May 12 21:03:37 CEST 2011

On 13 May 2011 03:42, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Le 12/05/2011 17:26, Chris Nighswonger a écrit :
>> We are currently accepting patches into QA which are signed off by employees
>> of the same company as the author of the patch.
>>
>> So I'm a bit confused as to why Biblibre cannot adopt a similar procedure in
>> order to get their patches into QA?
> I'm not only speaking of patches fixing a bug, but also of large updates
> adding a feature. Chris has said he wouldn't accept such a patch/branch
> self-signed.

That's exactly right, but luckily for 3.6 we have another step, the QA manager.
So self signed would be enough, (preferably one external one as well)
to get it to the QA manager.  If it then passes QA, its on to me as
RM.

>> Perhaps if the issue is moving patches representing larger/more complicated
>> features through QA, the submitter could provide references to
>> installations/clients currently running the feature(s). The QA manager could
>> then contact the supplied reference to verify QA and push the patch on up
>> the chain.
> mmm... That would be fun to see one of our -French speaking- library
> answering a mail in English ;-)
> I don't think it's a possible way to go.

Well I still think its important that it is noted on the bug or on the
patch, who has claimed that it works. They should get credit for
testing at least

Chris