[Koha-devel] bugzilla old entries

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed May 18 01:38:39 CEST 2011

Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>
> I feel we will never be able to take care of all those bugs, and many if
> not most of them are related to problems on now-unmaintained versions of
> Koha.
> So i'd like to close all of them and mark them "wontfix". Does anyone
> think it's a bad idea ?

I think it's a good idea to reduce the number of bugs.  I don't think
bulk closing just because they've not been updated in a while is a
good move.  It's artificial.  Here's what I plan to do, so please beat
me to it if you want:

"so that we can concentrate on 3.6, I'd systematically check and
RESOLVE WONTFIX the ~140 bugs reported not against maintained versions
and I'd suggest reclassifying the 771 bugs reported against master as
reported against the version which immediately follows the date they
were reported."

Remember, RESOLVED WONTFIX does not mean it isn't a bug: it just
means we don't have anyone who will fix it.  Someone can always
REOPEN it and ASSIGN it to themselves.

Hope that helps,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/