[Koha-devel] patches with DB change, workflow

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Mon May 23 14:17:04 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I think there are some things unclear (at least for me ;-) ) about
submitting bugs with DB changes.

We said various things, I don't know which one is the correct one.
*
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Tutorial_for_Updating_Database_Files
is the wiki page about this
* we spoke of using XXXX in updatedatabase.pl to have te RM pick the
right number when needed.
* We also spoke of using atomicupdate, and let the RM append to
updatedatabase when applying to master.

What I see is that updatedatabase.pl changes a lot, making patches
including them "does not apply" quite quickly.
I'm wondering if it would not be easier to have "atomicupdate" and
kohastructure.sql, the RM moving from atomicupdate to updatedatabase
when applying. I think it would be easier to sign-off -just run
atomicupdate attached to the bug- too.

I already have encountered the problem twice today (I work on bugzilla).

Your opinion ?

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com