[Koha-devel] Update database changes proposal [IMPORTANT]

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Sat Nov 5 09:35:29 CET 2011

Le 05/11/2011 08:32, Julian Maurice a écrit :
> It seems to be a great evolution, but there is something which I think I
> don't understand:
>> * there won't be any conflict anymore of a patch applied and your .XXXX
>> file not applying anymore, needing a rebase
> Ok there will be no more conflicts in the updatedatabase.pl file, but
> what about the YAML file? It still the same problem. If you have
> versions 001 and 002, and you add a localversion after them, and then a
> new version 003 is pushed into master. If you try to apply the patch,
> there will be a conflit, isn't it?

The idea is that only the RM will take care of the YAML file.

If you want to submit a DB change, just create a file in atomicupdate
directory.
If you want to test a patch, just check if there is something about
atomicupdate in the patch, and if yes, run "atomicupdate/blabla.pl"
before testing => no possible conflict here (except if 2 ppl use the
same name for the file, that's pretty impossible)
If you have a patch that must be applied to your customer before it is
pushed in Koha :
 - apply atomicupdate/blabla.pl
 - add "localchange blabla.pl" at the end of your YAML file = it will
keep track of when you've added the change, once the patch is in Koha,
check the diff just of the YAML file, to know what has been applied and
what should be applied. Much much easier than what we have today !

In case there is a conflict because of a local change, the conflict will
be only on the YAML file, and will be very easy to deal with, as each
entry is just one line.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com