[Koha-devel] Update database changes proposal [IMPORTANT]

Marcel de Rooy M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl
Thu Nov 24 08:51:07 CET 2011

>> I would say that we do not need that check everywhere, but I would
>> keep it at login time.
> This idea could be investigated for someone that log-in with admin
> permission, for example.
> Does others think it's a must-have ? Here at BibLibre, most of us
> think checking the database update is a part of an update, so if it's
> not made, it means you're doing a poor job.

I understand that (poor job-argument) for a production database, but for a test db on latest master (fetching new commits all the time) it would be very comfortable if Koha could check if I am missing an update instead of checking it manually and forgetting to do so..
If the check is done via some kind of hash function, it should not take long time.