[Koha-devel] Hourly Loans

Elliott Davis tdavis at uttyler.edu
Tue Nov 29 18:05:08 CET 2011

Hi Koha Devels,

I am running the hourly loans branch in my production system and am merging it daily with master.   It seems like this gets harder with each merge because of increasing code conflicts.  Recently I have set up a branch to keep hourly up to date with master that is on github<https://github.com/libsysguy/koha-hourly>.

As I'm sure most of you know I have been actively pushing to get the hourly branch merged into master.  I am sending this message to the devel list in an attempt to possibly expedite this process.   The issue that I believe we have is this branch is fairly untested which we all know can cause issues when pushed into prod.  I am running this branch with no issues in production but I would like to see some other libraries pick up this branch and test.

As a side note I think to really generate serious academic library interest in Koha the hourly loans module is a must.  I know it was for us when we implemented Koha and not having it in master is really hurting us in regards to time solving merge conflicts.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Best,

Elliott Davis
Robert R. Muntz Library