[Koha-devel] sending patches to koha-patches mailing list ?

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Oct 11 23:58:07 CEST 2011

Op dinsdag 11-10-2011 om 09:54 uur [tijdzone -0400], schreef Ian Walls:
> What about looking into a means of auto-generating patches to the
> patches list when new "Patch" type attachments are added to Bugzilla?
> This would save everyone a step, and keep the incoming patches synced
> with the patches on bugs.koha-community.org.

Keep in mind that sending to the list is very easy, maybe people are
doing it the hard way.

What I do is:

git bz attach HEAD
git send-email --to=kpatches HEAD^

press enter and 'y' a few times, and it's done. You could probably wrap
this up in a script if you wanted.

(note the slightly different commit reference, and 'kpatches' is an
alias I set up for the patches list.)

This said, auto-sending from bugzilla would be great, I'm just hoping to
make it easier until someone finds the time to do that :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.