[Koha-devel] Koha uninstalled by Debian Linux "update"

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Oct 21 00:11:51 CEST 2011

Hartman, David W. - GBTS Library schreef op do 20-10-2011 om 11:44
[-0400]:
> Just a heads up that a recent “update” by Debian Linux removed the
> application Koha – my apache and data files apparently are fine.
>
> How do I reinstall Koha without damaging or overwriting my data?   If
> anyone has any experience with this, please let me know.

Just reinstall the koha-common package. Grab a backup if you want to be
safe, but I'd expect it would be fine. If everything in /etc/ is
untouched (which I'd expect) then it should just magically work again.

> If you see the red “burst” in the upper right hand corner, only do the
> safe install .. or else…

Are you able to provide me with more information? Perhaps the logs
in /var/log/apt or so. I'd like to see what was going on there.

Robin.