[Koha-devel] Koha uninstalled by Debian Linux "update"

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Oct 21 21:01:33 CEST 2011

On 22-10-11 03:10, Jared Camins-Esakov wrote:
> It looks to me like your problem is the GPG key for the indexdata
> repository. The good news is, you don't need the indexdata repository
> anymore, I don't think. Try removing that line from
> /etc/apt/sources.list, rerunning apt-get update, and reinstalling
> koha-common.

It looks to me like indexdata has updated their repo, and it causes
something to be removed (in particular, libyaz4) that koha-common
depends on, rather than the GPG key.

However, the solution above is exactly what you want: remove the line
from sources.list, sudo aptitude update, sudo aptitude install koha-common

At the moment I recommend against a) running the indexdata repository,
the versions in debian work well, and b) the 'koha' package. As Jared
says, use koha-common.

Robin.