[Koha-devel] Patch status workflow (for Bugzilla)

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Oct 27 09:19:37 CEST 2011

Le 26/10/2011 20:02, Chris Nighswonger a écrit :
> Now, let us say I discover bug 'bar' in rel_3_8 and in rel_3_6.
>
> 1. I open a bug report against 'rel_3_8' for bug 'bar.'
mmm... I think there are 2 sub-cases here:
 - library A, that uses Koha 3.6, find the bug and open it in rel_3_6
 - hacker B, that uses master, find the bug and open it in master (or in
rel_3_8 ? that's where there can be a confusion between master and rel_3_8)

> 2. I fix 'bar' and attach a patch to the bug.
> 3. The fix passes QA.
> 4. The RM pushes the patch and moves it to 'rel_3_6' if applicable. (But
> he has to have this knowledge somehow.)
right, this point is the problem. And I feel it's not solved by this
proposed workflow (not by the "need backporting as well")

> That is ok as long as it works out in practice.
not sure it will work well then... I think we haven't completly found
the "perfect" workflow

> It would probably be better to have a way for the bug reporter to
> indicate *all* branches to which the bug applies, but I don't know if
> this is possible. Perhaps Ian can comment on that.
I've investigated bugzilla, and can't find a way to have a multiple
version selection.
OTH, it's easy to have another field "backport needed", that could be
used for that. I don't know if it's a good idea, I just throw it...

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com