[Koha-devel] Patch status workflow (for Bugzilla)

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Oct 27 13:52:22 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:19 AM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>wrote:

> Le 26/10/2011 20:02, Chris Nighswonger a écrit :

> That is ok as long as it works out in practice.
> not sure it will work well then... I think we haven't completly found
> the "perfect" workflow
>
> > It would probably be better to have a way for the bug reporter to
> > indicate *all* branches to which the bug applies, but I don't know if
> > this is possible. Perhaps Ian can comment on that.
> I've investigated bugzilla, and can't find a way to have a multiple
> version selection.
> OTH, it's easy to have another field "backport needed", that could be
> used for that. I don't know if it's a good idea, I just throw it...

Actually, I don't have a strong personal preference for the technique of
flagging a bug as needing to be backported. I am strongly desirous to see it
implemented in some fashion, however. It will reduce the chances of a patch
being dropped which should have been backported by simplifying the creation
of reports to that effect. If an additional field raises no objections, then
I say let us go ahead and implement it.

Kind Regards,
Chris