[Koha-devel] MARC::Record, record length and leader

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Tue Apr 10 16:20:38 CEST 2012

Hello,

I know this is an old discussion but I just realized that saving a
biblio record longer than 99999 bytes result in a malformed leader.
Length of the record takes more than 5 characters and therefore
remaining characters in the leader are shifted to the right.
This cause the leader to have more than 24 characters.

I'm not sure of what have to be done. Should MARC::Record die when
encountering such a record? or should it force length to be 99999? or
should the record be truncated to fit the spec?
Has someone ever faced this problem? How did you handle it?

--
Julian Maurice <julian.maurice at biblibre.com>
BibLibre