[Koha-devel] 3.8.3 dependencies

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 06:03:35 CEST 2012

Greetings,

This is where my little check_deps.sh script comes in. With Robin's help, we
got the debian.koha-community.org repository apt-file'able. With Jared's
help, we were able to download default sources.list files for Ubuntu 10.04,
Ubuntu 12.04, Debian 6.0.X, and Debian 7.0.X, and he got a working version
into some repo somewhere (I can't remember off the top of my head). Jared
did tweak the sources.list files to include the debian.koha-community.org
repository, because Template::Plugin::HtmlToText (I think that's the name)
does not exist in the default Ubuntu repositories (at least for Ubuntu 12.04
under 32-bit).

My little check_deps.sh script can then ensure that future releases of ANY
version of Koha (assuming PerlDependencies.pm is up to date and correct,
because that is what koha_perl_deps.pl uses) has the appropriate things
added into the {OS}.{version}.packages (not really packages, but a list of
packages needed to be installed, so don't get confused) file(s) so that the
dselect section of the Wiki page's instructions
(http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Ubuntu#Ubuntu_Packages_from_List)
will just work for a tarball or git install. This script was used in the
preparation of 3.6.7 just before release. Thanks to Jared for letting me
squeak it in.

I'm hoping to tweak it a little further, as Bug 8485 (it has been signed
off, but not pushed) has made some of the logic in the script not necessary.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett