[Koha-devel] 3.8.4 interim [was: koha-zebra-daemon not starting]

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 16:18:27 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Paul <paul.a at aandc.org> wrote:
> While it's quite possible I screwed something up, the new LTS distro has
> made a number of fundamental changes concerning 'cloud' networking
> (OpenStack, MAAS, Keystone) which just possibly could have had some impact
> on our LAN (I have no proof of this, and our static IP LAN seems perfect
> after numerous "every-which-way" verifications.) Also, the older distro had
> a few ugly points in handling i386 modules if it couldn't find AMD64, but
> again, I could find no reason for this to account for my dilemma.

We use and used 12.04 since its release in several production servers
and didn't have any problem. I even managed to do a:

Koha 3.0.x + Ubuntu 10.04 => Koha 3.8.x + Ubuntu 12.04

migration a while ago without issues.

The only problem we had to solve, had to do with a bug in Xen and
Ubuntu using submenues in grub2, which were ok but old Xen didn't
handle well (SuSE Dom0).

The cloud stuff is not installed by default thou, unless you're using
MASS images.

Regards
To+