[Koha-devel] [Discussion Tech] Cache handling in koha

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Feb 8 22:59:43 CET 2012

Tomas Cohen Arazi schreef op wo 08-02-2012 om 12:42 [-0300]:
> 1) The use of ENV vs. koha-conf.xml vs. DB/systempreferences to store
> memcached configuration.

My 2¢ here is that we should use ENV. The main logic behind this is that
it means the only thing you can't cache is the ENV vars, which no one
does anyway.

As for cache invalidation and memoisation, it's something best
approached very slowly and carefully as it's a Hard Problem. I don't
really have any concrete suggestions on that front though.

“There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation
and naming things”.  — Tim Bray quoting Phil Karlton

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.