[Koha-devel] [Discussion Tech] Cache handling in koha

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Thu Feb 9 00:03:45 CET 2012

2012/2/8 Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz>

> Tomas Cohen Arazi schreef op wo 08-02-2012 om 12:42 [-0300]:
> > 1) The use of ENV vs. koha-conf.xml vs. DB/systempreferences to store
> > memcached configuration.
>
> My 2¢ here is that we should use ENV. The main logic behind this is that
> it means the only thing you can't cache is the ENV vars, which no one
> does anyway.

Personally, I feel that everything that is configurable should be
configurable from the interface (i.e. sysprefs), but that seems like a
valid reason to use ENV, so I withdraw my objections. Let's get Koha
caching!

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/