[Koha-devel] Moving CSS and JavaScript out of translated paths

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Tue Feb 21 16:09:56 CET 2012

I have done some work on Bug 4048, "Moving CSS and JS out of
translated paths," but the work quickly becomes out of date because it
touches so many files. I'm willing to keep working on it if others
think it is still worthwhile, so I'd like to ask for opinions.

The goal of the bug was to move common CSS and JavaScript files out of
language-specific directories so that they are not duplicated. CSS and
JavaScript files are not processed by the translation script, so there
isn't much reason at the moment to keep them where they can be
processed by it. The question is whether it might be a goal of some
people to add translation of JavaScript files?

The other question I have about revisiting my work on this bug is how
I can submit a patch and expect it to be tested in a timely manner.
Making a
far-reaching change is inconvenient for everyone, I know. If we agree
that the bug is worth fixing, how can we apply the fix in the least
painful way?

Thanks,

  Owen

--