[Koha-devel] Moving CSS and JavaScript out of translated paths

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Tue Feb 21 22:30:02 CET 2012

On 2012-02-22, at 4:09 AM, Owen Leonard wrote:

> I have done some work on Bug 4048, "Moving CSS and JS out of
> translated paths," but the work quickly becomes out of date because it
> touches so many files. I'm willing to keep working on it if others
> think it is still worthwhile, so I'd like to ask for opinions.
>
> The goal of the bug was to move common CSS and JavaScript files out of
> language-specific directories so that they are not duplicated. CSS and
> JavaScript files are not processed by the translation script, so there
> isn't much reason at the moment to keep them where they can be
> processed by it. The question is whether it might be a goal of some
> people to add translation of JavaScript files?
>
> The other question I have about revisiting my work on this bug is how
> I can submit a patch and expect it to be tested in a timely manner.
> Making a
> far-reaching change is inconvenient for everyone, I know. If we agree
> that the bug is worth fixing, how can we apply the fix in the least
> painful way?

heya Owen, great work!

gitorious wont let me look at your patch/diff via its gui, the web error is....

 'This Git object is too large to be displayed in the browser
Consider cloning the repository locally and look at the object there'

i have a suggestion (that may require too much work too?)

perhaps a quick-dirty script that rewrites paths on the latest master repo, rather than a patch?

might that work?
(remember i cant see your patch via gitorious yet :) )