[Koha-devel] deafult for biblio.frameworkcode

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Mon Jan 9 16:32:30 CET 2012

Hi to all,

Il 09/01/2012 15:55, Galen Charlton ha scritto:

> Could you elaborate more on the use case this would support?  The
> framework code is displayed in the bib editor, for example, which is one
> point where a cataloger would need to know about it.  Adding it to the
> MARC framework would make it available for searching and make it a
> little more convenient to display the framework code in XSLT OPAC
> displays -- but to what end?

oh, is quite simple.
I want to export data in marc format to import in an other Koha and I
use different frameworks to catalogue.

If I insertr biblio.frameworkcode, I can re-import records in different
frameworks.

Clearly I need to setup 'marc to Koha links' before to import with
bulkmarcimport.pl

> For MARC21 frameworks, if we were add to this to the default framework,
> I'd prefer that the 942 or the 999 be used, as those are already
> supported for bib-level mappings -- no need to carve out another tag.

Well, in theory 999 are repetable, 942 is not repetable.
So for me is better 942.
A new subfield or we re-use $a ?
The subfield used are [default framework]:
-- 942
0 	Koha issues (borrowed),
2 	Source of classification or shelving scheme
6 	Koha normalized classification for sorting
a 	Institution code [OBSOLETE]
c 	Koha [default] item type
e 	Edition
h 	Classification part