[Koha-devel] Active borrowers report

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 00:20:15 CET 2012

Wow, that's an old report. Glad you got some use out of it, and found a way
to make it better!

On the other hand, should we consider promoting the use of the `statistics`
table? Though I've been out of the loop, I think it was easier to design
reports like this around. Spent many frustrating hours and LEFT JOINs
trying to twist the `issues` and `old_issues` tables into the output the
librarians asked for.

2012/1/9 Mike Hafen <mdhafen at tech.washk12.org>

> Cool.  Though I would prefer Jesse Weaver get all/joint credit for it.  I
> really just changed his sql a bit.
>
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Liz Rea <lrea at nekls.org> wrote:
>
>> And you know what, that one isn't in the report library so I added it for
>> you. :)
>>
>> You can see it here:
>> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Active_Patrons
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Liz Rea
>> lrea at nekls.org
>>

>> On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Mike Hafen wrote:
>>
>> > SELECT YEAR(issuedate), MONTH(issuedate), categorycode, COUNT(DISTINCT
>> borrowernumber)
>> > FROM (
>> >   SELECT issuedate, borrowernumber FROM old_issues
>> >  UNION ALL
>> >   SELECT issuedate, borrowernumber FROM issues
>> > ) AS all_issues
>> > LEFT JOIN borrowers USING (borrowernumber)
>> > GROUP BY YEAR(issuedate), MONTH(issuedate), categorycode

Jesse Weaver