[Koha-devel] stocknumber and invertory books in Koha

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Wed Jan 18 15:51:06 CET 2012

Hi to all,

Il 18/01/2012 07:20, Chris Cormack ha scritto:
> I think Zeno didn't mean technically impossible to provide uniqueness at
> the DB level, just that lots of libraries do not want unique stock
> numbers, so enforcing it at db level (with a unique constraint isn't
> possible in Koha).
>
> Enforcing it in the code, as you have done, with the caveat that it
> needs to be controlled by a syspref so that those who want it unique or
> not can both be satisfied is certainly possibly

sorry for delay, but Chris writes exactly what I means.
The problem is that is not possible to enforce unique stock
numbers at db level (like barcode).

BUT I like very much the idea to give the option to enforce it at code
level, with a syspref to swith ON/OFF.

For Dobrica:
Can you write the translation of 'signatura zatvorenog spremista' and
'Implementirati višestruke nizove signatura prema formatu'.
from:
http://git.rot13.org/?p=koha.git;a=commitdiff;h=01580945128cb727a404249c7898e6d101f10ceb

Google translate doesn't help.

Bye