[Koha-devel] Giving credit where credit is due

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jul 17 11:15:17 CEST 2012

Jared suggested:
> [...] I propose adding the following to patches which were
> sponsored by a particular library:
> Sponsored-by: The Library

I don't think this works for us.  Some libraries will not wish to be
associated publicly with features before their buyer/commissioner has
approved them, especially private libraries.

So should we hold back work until sponsor approval (and we've been
burned that way before, with a delay meaning work is stale and needs
rebasing before it reaches the community, then there is no funding
left to do that and it falls on the floor and kittens die) or would
you accept follow-up patches that only add Sponsored-by lines with a
fast-track through QA and RM?

Confused,