[Koha-devel] Giving credit where credit is due

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Tue Jul 17 13:09:33 CEST 2012

MJ,

Jared suggested:
> > [...] I propose adding the following to patches which were
> > sponsored by a particular library:
> > Sponsored-by: The Library
>
> I don't think this works for us.  Some libraries will not wish to be
> associated publicly with features before their buyer/commissioner has
> approved them, especially private libraries.

This is true of many of my clients as well. This line would not be required
for any given patch, it merely offers a way for libraries who want credit
to ensure that they receive it.

So should we hold back work until sponsor approval (and we've been
> burned that way before, with a delay meaning work is stale and needs
> rebasing before it reaches the community, then there is no funding
> left to do that and it falls on the floor and kittens die) or would
> you accept follow-up patches that only add Sponsored-by lines with a
> fast-track through QA and RM?

The Sponsored-by lines serve only for record keeping, so I see no reason
why the RM could not add a record-keeping patch with the Sponsored-by line
at the request of the developer (similar to the way I added a bunch of
Sponsored-by lines in a patch to 3.6.x).

Regards,
Jared

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/