[Koha-devel] zebraidx errCode=109

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Jul 24 19:41:14 CEST 2012

At 05:35 PM 7/24/2012 +0200, Robin Sheat wrote:
>Op 24-07-12 17:26, Paul schreef:
> > a) both koha-common.init files have the bug4873 mod.  They are both
> > still in the "package" used during install, so how are they re-used on
> > boot? (a 'find / -name' does not find them anywhere else)
>
>It becomes /etc/init.d/koha-common when it's installed.

Thanks for the reply.  For me every day is a new learning experience.

There is no 'koha-common' in /etc/init.d (nor anywhere else) on either the
production machine or the sandbox. [All the 'koha-common*' files are still
in the original Koha packages.]

> > Where to next, please?
>
>Look in the init script, see if koha-create-dirs does what you need, if
>not, amend it to do so and submit a patch.

What I'm not understanding, is how the koha-create-dirs (in the install
package, under /debian/scripts) can be called on *reboot*.  It worked on
install -- e.g. the /var/lib/koha has the correct idzebra dirs dated to the
install date; the production machine has contents dated/timed today (cron
job) but the new install are empty except README.

This is why in my previous message I had mentioned:

 > 3.6.1:
 > drwxrwxrwt  4 root root    80 2012-07-24 07:50 lock
 > drwxr-xr-x 18 root root   620 2012-07-24 07:50 run
 > 3.6.6:
 > lrwxrwxrwt  1 root root    9 May 29 17:37 lock -> /run/lock
 > lrwxrwxrwt  1 root root    4 Jul 23 20:31 run -> /run

where for lock and run Ubuntu 12.04 is re-creating *links* on reboot and
obviously not finding any "koha input" but the production machine is
recreating *dirs* and finding "koha input" -- from where and how is what
I'm trying to [unsuccessfully] find.

Sorry to appear obtuse, but I'm missing something.

And of course I'll try and submit a patch [if needed - this might be just
plain stupidity on my part] when this is resolved, and add the Ubuntu 12.04
install to the Wiki pages - I've been keeping scrupulous notes (see
<http://navalmarinearchive.com/research/koha_ubuntu.html>.

Thanks - Paul

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>