[Koha-devel] [DISCUSSION] Database schema & coding guidelines

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Jun 6 17:22:51 CEST 2012

Le 06/06/2012 15:55, Kyle Hall a écrit :
> I agree with paul here. I think in the optimal solution would be a
> table prefix for every column, so we have *zero* name clashes for
> joins. I doubt we will get there any time soon, but it is something to
> thing about. It simplifies queries, whereas having id as the pk for
> each table convolutes and complicates queries.

Kyle,

I can't remember where I saw this, but it's an old practise, that is not
recommended anymore (SQL generally speaking)

Plus I think this is something we can't introduce now without rewriting
a lot of things everywhere.

OTOH, I think updating primary key names is something more achievable,
even if won't be made in 2 clics, I agree.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com