[Koha-devel] About IRC meeting & voting

Marc Véron veron at veron.ch
Thu Jun 14 11:05:16 CEST 2012

Good daytime everybody,

Am 14.06.2012 09:51, schrieb Paul Poulain:
(...)
> So shouldn't we vote not during IRC meeting, but just confirm the vote,
> that is made during a period before the IRC meeting, on an other tool,
> like wiki, gdoc, yell +1 / 0 / -1 on the mailing list, a tool like
> http://www.ballotbin.com/ (untested, just found it in google) or
> whatever you want.
(...)

+1 for Paul's great idea.

Question:
Shouldn't it be two voting periods, one before the meeting happens (with
items that are already known) and one after the meeting (with items that
show up during the discussion and need a decision within a short time frame)?

Am 14.06.2012 10:36, schrieb Mirko:
(...)
 > But please let us not outsource this to a service we don't control
 > ourselves. ballotbin.com requires an account, voteer.com uses
 > googleapis etc. I suppose there won't be millions of votes suddenly,
 > so the wiki or mailinglist should be enough for now, or someone sets
 > up a fancy, privacy unintrusive tool on a server we control.
(...)

+1 for Mirko

Marc