[Koha-devel] About IRC meeting & voting

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Jun 14 11:55:50 CEST 2012

Le 14/06/2012 10:36, Mirko a écrit :

>> I think that would also help more people being involved: attending an
>> IRC meeting is, for some, a too high barrier (in France, there's a
>> barrier with the language, for example).
>
> To attend an IRC meeting, you have to open the webchat applet, say
> "hi", "#info $your_name" and then you can vote. I think it is easier
> than joining the mailing list or registering for the wiki, isn't it?

I was not refering first to the tool itself, but to the language.

We (BibLibre) would be willing to translate votes to french, and write
to french mailing list with explanations in french even if the vote
itself appear in english only.

Something like :
"ce vote concerne la décision blablabla. Les options de vote sont :
choix A = comme ceci (ligne "do like this")
choix B = comme cela (ligne "do like that")
choix C = troisième option (ligne "third option")
"

In an IRC meeting (independantly from the time, which is another
barrier), ppl have to speak english

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com