[Koha-devel] using CHI directly to use all of it's advantages

Ian Walls koha.sekjal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 20:31:00 CEST 2012

> This should never have been in the database. Also, there is a 1-1
> relationship between almost all the language tables. We should just have
> sort of configuration file with that information (maybe in YAML?). Also,
> using just one type of language code might be nice.
>
>  * XSLT parsing. That's quite consuming (and first for XSLT result list
>> !), caching them will have the greatest effect !

I'd love to see if using Turbomarc would give us a visible XSLT processing
boost.  Index data reports 2x speed increases.

> It is inefficient, but I have a very surprising performance statistic.
> Processing the XSLT for the result list is *not* the most inefficient part
> of the results page rendering! Getting authorised value images is the most
> inefficient! (I was shocked when I discovered that, too... it makes no
> sense at all, but that's what it is)

I recall this from a while ago... basically every time you get the
authorised value images, you have to parse out the MARC framework, or some
massively overwrought mechanism.  Before, though, this was done whether or
not you even USED the images, but that's since been patched.  A more
thorough implementation of the auth value images would go a long way here.

-Ian