[Koha-devel] Opac's interface can change with user's information?

Zeno Tajoli tajoli at cilea.it
Mon Jun 25 13:00:34 CEST 2012

Hi Quoc Uy,

Il 25/06/2012 00:47, Quoc Uy ha scritto:
> I have a problems- or maybe an idea. I have for example, 20 libraries on
> my host website- i mean 20 home branches libraries (Library A, B,
> C....). But i can change my OPAC site for only one interface. Is there
> some ways to change OPAC's interface associate with the user's information?
>
> Let me tell u more about this. In our country, it's expensive and
> impossible to have 1 hosting for 1 library (1 school), so we want to
> make a hosting for 20 libraries (20 schools) with one website like
> http://systemlibrary.edu.com. In this Koha library, we have 20 branches
> libraries with 20 staffs - not superlibrarian. Is there some ways, when
> patron A (branch library A) login in OPAC site, he can see messages,
> icon, schoolA's Logo... And when patron B (branch library B) login in
> the OPAC site, he saw absolutely other things (schoolB's logo, icon and
> messages...).

the easy solution to this problem is to install 20 time Koha on your
server, (so 20 MysQL d, 20 different user at command line, etc.).
Is it possibile to do this with one Koha db ?
Out of the box, no.

But if:
-- you set up a 21 site and force here the login for all
-- you are skilled on apache setup (the main work)
-- you setup IndependetBranches
-- you can do change on templese and perl scripts
-- same tuning on Zebra

probalbly you can optain this result with one Koha db.

You can also ask about this type of develop to a Koha vendor.
The list his here:
http://koha-community.org/support/paid-support/

Bye
Zeno Tajoli