[Koha-devel] Koha 3.8 release schedule & perltidy process

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Mar 9 13:46:28 CET 2012

Le 09/03/2012 13:36, Eric Bégin a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> Have we considered using git's hooks for tidifying the code before
> checking it in, or even on the server, this would ensure that whoever
> does the checkin, it will be tidified.
>
> Also, if we consider going with a global tidifying, a good timing could
> be when creating a new branch.

(this message is not for Eric specifically)
=> do you all have read the IRC discussion ?
http://stats.workbuffer.org/irclog/koha/2012-01-04#i_857956

Most of the points raised on this thread have been discussed,
side-effect, pro and cons explained.

For the "do it on the fly" path, I could be OK to go with it if I
understood how it can be done:
* perltidying only the lines you submit will result in unreadable code
* perltridying a whole file when you submit a patch will result in an
unreadable git blame, like the "big bang" perltidy option
* not everybody uses vim

so, how to achieve the "on the fly" path is still a mystery for me
--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com