[Koha-devel] 2 duplicated commits in the kc.org repo, on master branch ?

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Mon Mar 19 07:50:31 CET 2012

On 2012-03-16, at 3:57 AM, Colin Campbell wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 08:53:46AM -0400, Chris Nighswonger wrote:
>> A fetch and rebase work fine here. As I mentioned previously, there are any
>> number of duplicate commits in the main repo at present. I think they occur
>> during merges. I'm not sure that Paul can "fix" it. I am sure that if it
>> was causing wide spread pain, we'd have heard quite a cry by now. :-)
> "Fixing" it will however cause pain for anyone trying to track that
> branch. Rewriting history in published branches is always a cause for
> grief. The duplicates occur when two branches with the same commit but
> different histories are merged. Part of the commit is not just the
> changes but what the parent commit is.

yep, and its right there that i'm confused :)

both of these duplicated sequential commits have the *same* parent commit (aed0d8a63d5005e1c343def9a8ccbd9403ccd4aa)
thats a little bit odd?

http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commit;h=50585c34292b7aabfaabeba0db3f83612f55837e
http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=commit;h=da920b1da9f2f2895730758659d099245c2e64ba

anyhoo, if the dupe commits aren't causing anyone else git-merge problems... i'm happy to let it go ;)