[Koha-devel] 3.8 feature freeze

Ian Walls koha.sekjal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:21:36 CEST 2012

Looking over the patches on the Equinox branch, it does seem that while
this is a significant feature in terms of it's meaning and utility, it has
very little impact on the existing code, and will sit benignly in the
corner until it is called upon.

One of the XSLTs for DOM authorities is moved so it can be used by both
biblios and authorities... we'd need to confirm that DOM authority indexing
still behaves itself on both upgraded and new installations.  Other than
that, we're pretty safe to include these files, even if they're still being
tested and developed (and what part of Koha isn't?)  Users can make the
choice to opt-in, or leave things as the default and experience no change.

If we can confirm the above mentioned tests and get signoff on it before
the beginning of April (such a quick signoff could be seen as community
interest), I'd say this is safe for inclusion in 3.8, even if we need to
mark it as still 'in beta' until 3.10.  Of course it's your call, Paul, but
that's my opinion on the matter.

-Ian