[Koha-devel] 3.8 feature freeze

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Mar 26 18:06:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mar 26, 2012, at 11:17 AM, Paul Poulain wrote:
> * Bug 7818 - support DOM mode for Zebra indexing of bibliographic records
> Those bugs 1-are large 2-are related to the core of Koha 3- could have
> side effect
> So they will wait for 3.10.

I'd like to request that you reconsider this decision -- DOM filter indexing, while it does indeed represent a major enhancement, would not be a mandatory enhancement, since users would continue to be able to use the GRS-1 filter if they wish.  By design, the initial set of DOM rules for MARC21 closely match the records.abs definition.

In conjunction with the Solr work that BibLibre and others are undertaking, I'd like to toss another idea out -- of starting the process of deprecating GRS-1 use in 3.10.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton