[Koha-devel] Signing-off a patch for a customer

Mirko 5p4m at gmx.de
Mon May 28 17:45:42 CEST 2012

Marc Balmer wrote
> Am 28.05.12 17:19, schrieb Fischer, Katrin:
>> Hi Paul and all,
>>
>> I agree with Chris N. here. Every exception we make, makes it harder to
>> explain and stick to our rules.
>> I tinkk every patch should at least have 2 parties involved.
>
> But, if the patch we speak about, has been tested at the library, that
> makes it already two involved parties, I would say.
>
> Or am I missing sth here?

I think the point is what Chris called a "dis-interested" party.
Both BibLibre as the vendor and the library itself as the party that
requested a patch have a strong interest in getting the patch
pushed. There is no party involved that does not have own interest
in seeing the patch pushed and will have an "unbiased" look at it.

I agree that having this exemption is a problem. Not because I don't
trust BibLibre in any way, but as a matter of principle. If we make
exeptions for BibLibre, we have to make them for all other vendors
too. Who will decide what vendors are allowed to work this way? What
about new companies without a long Koha history?

- Mirko