[Koha-devel] Signing-off a patch for a customer

Fischer, Katrin Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de
Mon May 28 18:05:50 CEST 2012

Hi all,

thanks Jared! That's what I meant.

To bring this discussion back to Paul's initial question:

I think we should encourage libraries to get involved in testing and participating in the community. The sandboxes are a tool to lower the barrier for libraries, which is great.

I would like to see the library itself note the sign-off in bugzilla. It would be great if there were some notes about the testing (what, how, which configuration), but a short note would be a good start.

It would be great if the credit could go to the library. We have talked about adding the 'sign offers' to the release notes as an additional encouragement for testers. I would love to see the names of lots of libraries showing up there.

The other thing that would be a condition for me is "third party" (as Jared explained it) QA for those patches.

Hope that makes sense,

Katrin