[Koha-devel] Signing-off a patch for a customer

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue May 29 10:00:12 CEST 2012

Le 29/05/2012 09:50, Nicole Engard a écrit :
> Just to add in my opinion here.
>
> As someone who has been in Paul's situation, where a library (that has
> paid us to write them code) has been testing (and sometimes using the
> code in production) and has confirmed that things work I agree that
> putting a sign off in their name should be an okay practice.  I also
> agree though that someone not from my company should QA the patch -
> that extra set of outside eyes is essential.
Thanks Nicole,
I'm "happy" to see BibLibre is not the only one facing this kind of problem.

> What I don't think should happen (and I don't think anyone is
> suggesting this) is that a patch that is written by our company and
> signed off by our partner should have to wait for another sign off
> before hitting the QA queue.
Agreed.

Side comment: in some cases, as RM, I switch back a QAed patch to "need
sign-off" for some patches that are large and/or require a very careful
testing. That's quite uncommon, and not related to who made/signed-off
the patch.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com