[Koha-devel] Signing-off a patch for a customer

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:50:48 CEST 2012

Just to add in my opinion here.

As someone who has been in Paul's situation, where a library (that has
paid us to write them code) has been testing (and sometimes using the
code in production) and has confirmed that things work I agree that
putting a sign off in their name should be an okay practice.  I also
agree though that someone not from my company should QA the patch -
that extra set of outside eyes is essential.

What I don't think should happen (and I don't think anyone is
suggesting this) is that a patch that is written by our company and
signed off by our partner should have to wait for another sign off
before hitting the QA queue.

Thanks (and see many of you soon!),
Nicole C. Engard