[Koha-devel] opac not available

Fridolyn SOMERS fridolyn.somers at gmail.com
Tue May 29 15:07:41 CEST 2012

Hie,

You must desactivate the Apache default website on port 80.
Look into /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/. If you see file named "default", do
:
"sudo a2dissite default" and
"sudo apache2ctl reload".
It will reload apache configuration, do not use it in production.

If doesn't work, look at who listens to 80 port with : "netstat".

Regards,

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Frère Sébastien
<semarie-koha at latrappe.fr>wrote:

> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 02:22:19PM +0200, Samuel Desseaux wrote:
> > >You never said what your problem is.
> > >
> > >Robin.
> >
> > When  i want go to the intranet (koha.ecp.fr:8080), everything is ok.
> >
> > When i want to go on the opac (koha.ecp.fr:80), i've this message "
> >

> >  It works!
> >
> > This is the default web page for this server.
> >
> > The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet."
> >

> > Maybe it's a dns issue or something else?
>

> Hello Samuel,
>
> The address http://koha.ecp.fr/ works (for me): i could access your
> opac... (using internet: I hope is wanted)
>
> So it should be a network problem (dns / port-forwarding / ...)
>
> Do you use *exactly* http://koha.ecp.fr/ ? (and not an ip or another
> network name, for example)
>
> The virtual-host works like it:
>  - when a connection arrived to apache (so your browser need to know an IP
> address [generally resolved by dns])
>  - the server check the "Host:" header (presented by the browser) to
> determine which virtual-host the browser request
>
> The page "it works" is the default page (so match, when no other
> virtual-host match)
>

> An other point, the intranet is accessible over internet too (when adding
> :8080 to the URL). You could (should ?) restrict this access to "trusted"
> IP/address (with "accept/deny from" apache configuration directive at
> minimum).
>
> --
> Frère Sébastien Marie
> Abbaye Notre Dame de La Trappe