[Koha-devel] Updating priorities

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Nov 2 13:54:53 CET 2012

Le 24/10/2012 11:47, Paul Poulain a écrit :

As I've suggested last week, I tried to think of updating the priority
flag to use it for "complexity" :
>  * Change the priority flag use on bugzilla. Currently, this flag is not
> really used by anyone. We would like to change it's content to the
> following values, to reflect the complexity of a patch:
> 1- trivial patch template/doc only
> 2- trivial patch - minor Perl code
> 3- low risk of side-effect
> 4- medium risk of side effect, but don't underestimate it
> 5- High risk of side effect, be very careful !
> We would also add a wiki page explaining how to choose the value.
> The value can be set by anyone (patch submitter, sign-offer, QA team,
> RM), and will just be a helper when someone want to pick up a patch for
> testing or QAing.

The problem is that, on lists, this flag is reduced to 7 characters.
That's small...
I see 2 options:
 * find a very short description for the 5 complexity proposed. I tried,
but could not. If someone else has an idea ?
 * create a new custom field "Complexity", with those 5 values. I've
checked, and, in lists, custom fields are not truncated, so we could have:
 - 1-Triv TT/doc
 - 2-Triv Perl
 - 3-Small patch
 - 4-Medium patch
 - 5-Large patch

Does somone have another idea ? I do this one ?

--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre
http://www.biblibre.com